Hi-Tec EP MULTIGEAR 80W/90 MB 235.20 is a mineral based gear oil specially designed to meet the Mercedes Benz axle specification MB 235.20 with extended long drain performance of up to 350,000 kms. It is particularly suitable for commercial vehicle axles where enhanced load carrying, improved fuel economy, and thermal stability is required. It is also recommended for the lubrication of differentials, final drives, manual transmissions, transfer cases and other gear applications.
Hi-Tec EP MULTIGEAR 80W/90 MB 235.20 offers outstanding high temperature and high load performance properties combined with excellent low temperature fluidity and cold flow properties, excellent corrosion protection and superior seal compatibility.
Hi-Tec EP MULTIGEAR 80W/90 MB 235.20 has outstanding viscosity/temperature properties, even after high mechanical shearing encountered in hypoid and other severe automotive gear applications.
Benefits of Using Hi-Tec EP MULTIGEAR 80W/90 MB 235.20
- Anti-wear capabilities: protects components against wear under normal loads.
- Extreme Pressure capabilities: protects components from failure under shock and high loads.
- Spalling protection: provides axle gear sets with metal fatigue protection.
- Thermal durability: prevents gear spalling at high temperatures and loads.
- Shear stability: shear stable viscosity modifiers used to ensure this wide span multigrade oil ‘stay in grade’.
- Prevention of oil leakage: oil seal compatibility helps to keep the oil in the axle and maintain lubrication.
- Oxidation and Thermal stability: prevents oil thickening and deposit formation, resulting in better component protection.
- Anti-foam characteristics: prevents breakdown of and maintains the protective oil film, enabling constant lubrication of components.
- Rust and corrosion prevention: protects system parts from water
Hi-Tec EP MULTIGEAR 80W/90 MB 235.20 is recommended for the lubrication of axles, differentials, final drives, manual transmissions, transfer cases and other gear applications where long drain, heavy duty performance is required, such as in Mercedes Benz, Scania, MAN vehicles and those using Arvin Meritor and ZF equipment.