Hi-Tec EP Multigear 75W/80 GL5 is a mineral oil based gear lubricant providing outstanding thermal stability, exceptional thermal durability, excellent corrosion protection and superior seal compatibility.
Hi-Tec EP Multigear 75W/80 GL5 is recommended for manual transmissions, transfer cases, axles, differentials, final drives and steering gearboxes. It is especially suitable for use in Subaru 6 speed manual transmissions.
The lubricants in the drive line systems of modern vehicles suffer increased pressures because of:
- Changes in vehicle aerodynamics.
- Wider use of driveline retarders.
- Increased “Power Density” for transmissions and rear axles.
- Extended slow speed driving and high loads.
- Higher ambient temperatures.
- Higher horsepower.
- Extended warranties/reduced maintenance.
The components in Hi-Tec EP Multigear 75W/80 GL5 address these problems as this lubricant has special oxidation resistant paraffinic and hydro treated base oils combined with high performance extreme pressure (EP), anti corrosion and antifoaming additives; all formulated to help ensure long service life to transmissions and drive lines.
Hi-Tec EP Multigear 75W/80 GL5 is designed to give a long service life and protect vehicle equipment by providing:
- Excellent thermal and oxidative stability to the oil.
- Much improved oil seal life.
- Much improved durability to gears.
- Much improved corrosion protection to yellow metals under both wet and dry conditions.