Fleetmaster CNG 15W40 is a shear stable multigrade 15W/40 oil designed specifically to meet the requirements of compressed natural gas (CNG) engines powering modern commercial vehicles and buses.
High engine temperatures are encountered in CNG engines. These temperatures cause oil degradation and thickening and the resultant lessening of engine protection. Problems thus encountered include inlet valve deposits, outlet valve recession, bearing corrosion, oil consumption and shorter lubricant life. Fleetmaster CNG 15W40 helps to minimise the damaging effects of these situations and results in better engine protection and longer oil life.
Fleetmaster CNG 15W40 is approved for MAN CNG buses requiring specification MAN M3271-1 lubricants. It meets the requirements of Mercedes Benz MB226.9, Renault RGD, Volvo and Scania CNG trucks and buses. It is suitable for use in most CNG and LPG powered vehicles.
- High viscosity index for ease of start up and continued protection at the high CNG engine operating temperatures
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and nitration resulting in better resistance to deposit formation and oil thickening
- Excellent antiwear and anticorrosion performance resulting in longer bearing life
- Low ash content helps extend the life of catalytic exhaust systems
- Reduced exhaust valve recession and inlet valve deposits
- Longer oil life due to high protection levels
Fleetmaster CNG 15W40 is an approved lubricant for MAN CNG powered vehicles requiring the lubricant specification M3271-1 (Approval Number TUC 0545/09). Fleetmaster CNG 15W40 is suitable for use in most CNG and LPG powered vehicle.