Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 is the ultimate full synthetic lubricant for engine protection and fuel efficiency in new and older petrol engines. It meets and exceeds the latest API SN specification, has ILSAC GF-5 fuel efficiency performance and is able to be used for older API petrol specifications. It has been particularly developed for vehicles requiring the Chrysler MS- 6395-S specification.
Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 is made using full synthetic base oils and specially selected additive systems; producing a low SAPS, high performance engine oil that combines the latest development in oil formulation and additive technology to provide lubricating oil with the highest level of protection.
Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 is suitable for most types of four stroke petrol engines operating under moderate, severe, or varied operating conditions, such as low temperature start up, stopand-go driving, and high temperature motorway driving.
Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 is designed to meet the challenges to the lubricating systems of modern engines.
In recent years manufacturers have developed smaller, higher output engines that also need to meet stricter fuel economy limits. Although smaller engines decrease vehicle weight and improve fuel economy, they also need better lubricants due to:
- Increased heat output which accelerates acid formation, nitration, and formation of deposits and sludge. These conditions degrade the oil and rapidly increase oil viscosity and decrease fuel economy.
- Increased engine pressures and speed which make it harder for the oil to maintain a lubricant film to prevent metal on metal contact. This metal on metal contact accelerates valve train wear
Benefits and features of Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 include:
- Full Synthetic Base Oils: blended from high quality synthetic base oils; producing extended life for the lubricant and providing excellent cold start-up protection
- Oxidation/Corrosion Resistance: meets and betters the API SN oxidation requirements in the TEOST MHT Deposit Formation test; and the corrosion requirements in the Sequence VIII Bearing Weight Loss test, and the Sequence VG Engine Sludge and Oil Screen Clogging test.
- Excellent Cam Wear Protection: exceeds API SN Sequence IVA Average Cam Wear Limit by a huge margin thus promoting longer engine life (results of less than 20µm cam wear; as compared to API SN limit of maximum 90µm cam wear).
- Excellent Emission Control: Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 meets the stricter modern emissions standards and provides extended emissions system durability.
- Catalytic Converter Protection: One of the new tests for the API SN Resource Conserving performance level is the measurement of the % weight of phosphorus retained in the engine oil (using the Sequence IIIGB test). In previous engine oil specifications, no mention was made of the phosphorus leeching out of the engine oil, poisoning and clogging the catalytic converters in the vehicle exhaust system. API SN measures and puts limits on this leeching, thus controlling catalyst poisoning and exhaust system degradation.
- Fuel Efficiency: Hi-Tec Synplus SN GF-5 5W/30 meets the ILSAC GF-5 as well as the API SN performance requirements, having the technology for better handling of internal engine friction, translating into better fuel economy and reduced maintenance costs. Performance in the Sequence VID test for Improved Fuel Efficiency of greater than 2.6% and Sequence IIIG Oil Thickening and Cam Lifter Wear support these claims.