Scangear 85W/140 GL-5 is a mineral oil based gear lubricant specially designed to meet the Scania STO 1:0 axle specification with extended long drain performance. It is particularly suitable for commercial vehicle axles where enhanced load carrying, improved fuel economy, and thermal stability is required. It is also recommended for the lubrication of differentials, final drives, and other gear applications.
Scangear 85W/140 GL-5 offers outstanding high temperature and high load performance properties combined with excellent corrosion protection and superior seal compatibility.
Scangear 85W/140 GL-5 has outstanding viscosity/temperature properties, even after high mechanical shearing encountered in hypoid and other severe automotive gear applications.
Scangear 85W/140 GL-5 characteristics include:
- ANTI-WEAR CAPABILITIES. Protects components against wear under normal loads.
- EXTREME PRESSURE CAPABILITIES. Protects components from failure under shock and high loads.
- SPALLING PROTECTION. Provides axle gear sets with metal fatigue protection.
- THERMAL DURABILITY. Prevents gear spalling at high temperatures and loads.
- SHEAR STABILITY. Shear-stable components used to ensure this wide span multigrade oil ‘stays in grade’.
- PREVENTION OF OIL LEAKAGE. Oil seal compatibility helps to keep the oil in the axle and maintain lubrication.
- OXIDATION AND THERMAL STABILITY. Prevents oil thickening and deposit formation, resulting in better component protection.
- ANTI-FOAM CHARACTERISTICS. Prevents breakdown of and maintains the protective oil film, enabling constant lubrication of components.
- RUST AND CORROSION PREVENTION. Protects system parts from water.
Scangear 85W/140 GL-5 is recommended for the lubrication of axles, differentials, final drives, and other gear applications in commercial vehicles where long drain, heavy duty performance is required, such as in Scania trucks and other modern vehicles including those using ZF equipment.